Senior Analyst, Tax FPA and ModelingApply NowApply Later Job ID 771803BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
The Tax FP&A and Modeling subgroup supports multiple clients (internal and external) with continuous exposure to a variety of projects as we focus on process improvement and data driven analysis and decision making. We encourage innovation and growth and are committed to developing our team members and maximizing technology.
We want creative team members who are eager to learn and thrive on change and discovery as we focus on developing and improving tax processes leveraging the latest technology fit for the new, transformed finance organization. This opportunity is a once in a career chance to participate as a change agent in a global finance transformation.
Responsibilities:Candidate will report to the Manager, Tax FP&A and Modeling and will focus on improving and building upon existing forecasting tools and models, integrating a significant acquisition, and supporting the move toward the Tax Function of the Future within Disney.
Every Day as a professional in Disney Tax is transformative. You will be responsible for:
- Supports tax planning and forecasting models for the Company
- Prepares cause of change analysis (including effective tax rate and cash taxes) for tax forecasts
- Supports the team in identifying and recommending solutions for complex technical, operational and organizational problems by looking at processes and considering new innovative ways of doing tasks through the use of technology
- Support the analysis of legal entity tax impacts of intercompany charges
- Supports in identifying risks and opportunities by producing persuasive, data-driven arguments to support management’s decisions
- Determines alternatives based on technical analysis and communicates recommendations to managers
- Builds consensus and recommends positions regarding assumptions, data analytics, and technical analysis for book and tax positions by performing both accounting and tax research
- Collaborates cross functionally; makes business connections with multiple stakeholders and information suppliers to solve complex business and tax issues
- Support ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience and/or experience with data analytics and data science.
- Ability to think critically and pick up complex concepts quickly
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve process inefficiencies
- Strong project management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills (Collaborates well, maintains communications with contacts and can communicate with stakeholders at the same or higher levels on matters of considerable complexity)
- Significant skill with Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint.
- Software savvy
- Proven spreadsheet application skills and/or other database, automation or business intelligence skills
- Familiar with Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, VBA, SQL, Python or RPA a plus
- CPA preferred
- Alteryx and/or Tableau certifications a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s in Accounting, Tax, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, MIS or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.