Senior Category Analyst, Business Analytics and InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 749225BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 20, 2020
- Develop presentations, tools, and trackers that help identify trends and spot opportunities where Disney can improve current business and grow new business within the book category for children/adult, fiction/non-fiction, across genres.
- Manage execution of weekly and monthly standard reports, supporting large cross-functional teams
- Assist Sales, Marketing, and Editorial teams to identify trends and opportunities using third-party market level data and incorporating internal sales/financial data to create profitability analysis
- Manage Ad-Hoc requests across Publishing team and be able to clearly articulate results and insights
- Manage quality of data within Disney’s multiple external and internal sources, assisting with IT and Retail teams to clean and attribute data on weekly basis, ensuring databases are accurate, complete and usable.
- Assist Insights/Finance/Sales teams with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Experience with working with retailer and industry data
- 3-5 years of experience in data analytics, insights, forecasting, and/or planning
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Experience with data visualization/BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Experience with syndicated third party industry data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to story-tell with data
- Strong organizational skills and sharp attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task, adapt quickly, learn independently, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in publishing industry, consumer products company or retail experience a plus
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent in relevant area – Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Accounting
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.