Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Data Scientist – Disney +Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714565BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is creating the future of digital video entertainment products for one of the largest media brands in the world. We’re focused on delivering extraordinary experiences and distributing the incredible library of Disney content through all forms of interactive media. Our digital technology leadership and capabilities are married with a passion for crafting dynamic consumer-facing applications that integrate live and on-demand multimedia. We create great digital media products for millions of fans around the globe, and we're looking for strong performers who can help us improve what we do every day. This is an opportunity to impact experiences that will be used by millions of users worldwide.
Data scientists on the Disney+ Content Analytics team are the insights and modeling partners for the Disney+ content strategy team. They operate at the intersection of art and science – using data to empower content decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights. Scientists on the team build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable, persistent capability that is iteratively improved through direct interaction with cross-functional business partners.
- Modeling: Develop machine learning models for forecasting, opportunity sizing, and segmentation.
- Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and investigate opportunities, and with other tech teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- Data engineering: Create pipelines and explore data to surface insights through visualization and automated reporting.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and evaluating practical machine learning solutions to solve business problems
- 3+ years experience using SQL
- 3+ years Python or other statistical programming language
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
- Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree, PhD or MS in an analytical field or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.