Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Accounting Analyst, Music AccountingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 634887BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 31, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Enterprise Financial Services is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. This position supports the Studio Segment within Enterprise Financial Services. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Music Accounting, the Senior Financial Accounting Analyst (SFAA) will be responsible for various key functions that support the quarter-close and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis of key accounting reserves, balance sheet reconciliations, and the preparation of Studio Financial Reporting deliverables. The SFAA will be responsible for the calculation, analysis, and presentation of the return reserve, music royalty liability, and other various accruals. In addition, the SFAA will be responsible for preparing, analyzing and presenting the Music consolidated quarterly variances to executive management. There will be significant interaction with our Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, guidance, analysis, and recommendations. The position offers multiple opportunities to showcase analytical skills to various executives and implement process improvements.
This position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. There will be multiple opportunities to be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements and various ad hoc projects. In addition, an ideal candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top finance/accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in the entertainment industry.
- Analysis of the Music’s group P&L and Balance Sheet, including variance explanations
- Preparation and analysis of the Music Royalty accrual and liability
- Preparation of quarter close entries including; Revenue accruals, Return Reserve, and Audit Reserve.
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records and efficiency of our processes
- Support the music royalty system implementation and system harmonization project
- Provide guidance and lead ad hoc requests/special projects for the lines of business
- Liase and partner with transaction support/accounting teams in the research of technical accounting issues
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably in both public and private accounting
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.