Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660112BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 15, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Managers and Senior Manager of Enterprise Compliance and Controls with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 compliance program, including performing testing of key controls across the Direct-to-Consumer and International, Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, Media Networks, Studio Entertainment and Corporate/Shared Services segments along with supervising Financial Analysts of the department. Work in a team-oriented, project driven environment with business unit leaders to improve the internal control environment. In addition, may assist with other related compliance activities.
Responsibilities:The position will be primarily responsible for the following key functions:
- SOX 404 testing of entity and business-unit level controls across all segments, as well as controls relating to front-of-house revenue and cost cycles
- Partnering with business units on other SOX 404 related efforts, such as documentation (e.g. walkthroughs, narratives and flowcharts) of in-scope processes, identification of key controls, and developing remediation processes for control deficiencies
- Assisting with maintenance of the SOX 404 software including uploading required control documentation and test results, running quarterly and annual reports, and monitoring business units’ quarterly certification
- Supporting the Financial Analysts and Managers on special projects assigned
- Minimum experience of two years in accounting or auditing with a large multi-national company or Big 4 accounting firm
- A strong understanding of internal controls and control environments
- Ability to assess and prioritize financial statement risk and internal controls across multiple segments and business units
- Possess good quantitative and analytical skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills to build business relationships
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work in a highly organized and efficient manner, and a driver that can take projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Ability to travel for business as needed
- Previous experience with internal controls and/or Sarbanes Oxley
- CPA or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.