Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 695981BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 06, 2019
The Disney Digital Network (DDN) Controllership team is primarily responsible for managing the business units’ accounting activities for certain business units in the Disney Direct to Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, including implementing efficient and effective systems and processes. This role, supporting the Interactive Media LOB, has interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel. It represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and business unit industry expertise on key business initiatives and special projects within the Company.
Check out our video on YouTube! https://youtu.be/yzgnLbGZJ-g
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting, this position will be primarily responsible for the following key functions:
- Preparation, coordination, review and analysis of talent royalties for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes for the DDN business
- Respond to talent payment inquiries from other departments and resolve any payment related issues
- Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger activities for the DDN business in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures
- Provide monthly and quarterly close assistance including journal entry preparation for other accounting team members, including quarterly accrual entries
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist management with ad hoc requests/special projects
- Work closely with Finance to develop and refine relevant processes
- Research and prepare explanations for balance sheet and income statement variances
- Implement process improvements, achieve efficiencies, and provide value-added services to stakeholders
- 3 – 5 years of Month End Close/GL Accounting/Reporting Experience
- We are looking for someone with growth potential, demonstrating strength in the following areas:
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and follow through on issues to completion
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Month end close and reporting experience
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- High proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables and SAP
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Previous royalty experience preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance/Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.