Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700333BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
The DTCI segment is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN.
The purpose of this job is to service certain business units in the DTCI segment in all areas of the financial cycle, including but not limited to, accounting activities, special projects and implementing efficient and effective systems and processes. This role has interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel. It represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and business unit industry expertise on key business initiatives and special projects within the Company.
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting, this position will be primarily responsible for the following key functions:
- Responsible for the general ledger activities in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures
- Provide monthly and quarterly close assistance including journal entry preparation and close reporting requirements
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist management with ad hoc requests/special projects
- Research and prepare explanations for balance sheet and income statement variances
- Work closely with Finance to develop and refine relevant processes
- Implement process improvements, achieve efficiencies, and provide value-added services to stakeholders
- 3 - 5 years of Month End Close/GL Accounting/Reporting experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Attention to detail and follow through on issues to completion
- Excellent organization skills
- Month end close and reporting experience
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- High proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables and SAP
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance/Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.