Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 771792BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Home Entertainment Accounting, the Senior Financial Accounting Analyst (SFAA) will be responsible for various key functions that support the quarter-close and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis of key accounting reserves, balance sheet reconciliations, and the preparation of Studio Financial Reporting deliverables. The SFAA will be responsible for the calculation, analysis, and presentation of the returns reserve, obsolescence reserve and other various accruals. In addition, the SFAA will work with our Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Disney divisions, including Corporate Controllership, Treasury and Tax.
- Liaise with home entertainment business partners for all accounting inquiries including providing technical accounting guidance for new business initiatives
- Consolidate and communicate of operating results for home entertainment to various senior management groups
- Support quarterly closes by preparing financial reports, and analysis of reported balances
- Analyze and prepare various home entertainment accruals:
- Return Reserves
- Inventory Obsolescence Reserves
- Trade Spend Accruals
- Media Accruals
- Review and consolidate accounts receivable schedules
- Prepare various account reconciliations:
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepaid Assets
- Accounts Payable
- Work on various ad-hoc reporting and projects for Senior Management
- Prepare and submit requests related to SOX compliance and quarter/year-end financial audits
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records or forecast, and efficiency of our processes
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 2-3 years accounting experience, preferably in both public and private accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.