Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 773926BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 04, 2021
The Controllership team is primarily responsible for managing the business units’ accounting activities for the Disney Parks, Experiences & Products segment, including implementing efficient and effective systems and processes. This role, supporting the Publishing and Games businesses, has interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel. It represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and business unit industry expertise on key initiatives and special projects within the Company.
Responsibilities:This position, reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting, is a core financial accounting role, responsible for the following key functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger and reporting activities for the vertical and Licensing businesses
- Analyze key variance drivers of inventory purchase price variances
- Preparation, coordination, review and analysis of the reporting processes for month-end and quarter-end with focus on segment and corporate deliverables
- Research and prepare explanations for balance sheet and income statement variances
- Prepare P&L analysis and balance sheet reconciliations, especially for consolidated Publishing results and financial positions
- Review and update documentation of business processes, and ensure key controls compliance
- Provide monthly and quarterly close assistance for other accounting team members
- Assist management with ad hoc requests/special projects
- Work closely with Finance to develop and refine relevant processes to achieve efficiencies
- 3 – 5 years of month-end close, general ledger accounting, and reporting experience. Cost accounting a plus
- We are looking for someone with growth potential, demonstrating strength in the following areas:
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and follow through on issues to completion
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proficiency in tools allowing processing of massive data sets (Excel, Access, SQL)
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Ability to connect the dots and anticipate/address questions in a professional manner
- Customer-service oriented
Preferred Qualifications:CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Required EducationB.A. or B.S. in Finance/Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.