Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 860755BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and a self-starter. You should be able to understand complex issues and clearly/concisely communicate results. You’ll need to develop relationship with various team members, both in and out of Accounting. You’ll have opportunities to identify and implement process improvements (and we welcome them!). If you are interested in the music industry, reporting and analysis, and ad hoc projects, Disney Music Group Accounting may be the place for you!
Part of the Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment, Disney Music Group (DMG) is the music hub for TWDC, encompassing all aspects of music monetization: recorded music (Walt Disney and Hollywood Records), Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG distributes music both physically and digitally (streaming and downloads); and also licenses music throughout the world in various forms of media including television, print, gaming and consumer products.
The DMG Accounting team is part of Enterprise Financial Services and is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. The DMG Accounting team records, reports, and analyzes DMG’s wide variety of revenues, expenses, and KPIs. We support the decision-making process while earning confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
We are searching for innovative team members who are flexible and agile to meet the needs of our changing business. Ideal candidates will be curious and teachable. They will be passionate about getting it right in all aspects of their role and will collaborate with and support business partners, clients, and leaders. Candidates will be observant and will proactively seek opportunities for efficiency, innovation, and continual process improvements. They will be willing to share those creative ideas with others.
- Analyze the consolidated DMG P&L, research variance explanations (actuals vs forecast and actuals vs prior periods), and prepare supporting schedules
- Present reporting deliverables (P&Ls) to executives
- Present and analyze royalty expense and liabilities
- Prepare and analyze physical inventory return reserve
- Perform quarter-end close activities, including preparing journal entries / accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Support new system enhancements and implementations, including performing user acceptance testing, identifying improvements, and communicating results/requests to the Technology teams
- Effectively communicate with business partners and internal team to better anticipate challenges and seek out process efficiencies
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Understand and execute internal controls around job functions
- Understand and have the ability to explain the main elements of financial statements and reports
- Collaborate and work as a team with peers and business partners
- Provide support, lead, and assist with ad hoc requests/special projects for team objectives
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to prioritize workload and escalate conflicting priorities
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals (e.g. debit/credits, financial statements)
- Complete moderately complex to complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Adaptability and flexibility for changing needs and audiences
- Ability to understand, interpret, and articulate the impact of internal and external factors as they apply to the business/industry/direct processes
- Intermediate Excel knowledge with ability to analyze large sets of data using pivot and lookup tables
Preferred Qualifications:Prior experience with or knowledge of SAP a plus, but not required
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or more than 5 years relevant experience
Additional Information:The SFAA is a key member of the DMG accounting team. This role focuses primarily on P&L reporting and royalty expense/liability, as well as inventory, marketing, and other expenses. The SFAA leads ad hoc projects with limited direction. This includes partnering with various business partners, primarily Royalties, Tech, and Finance.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.