Senior Financial Analyst, Disney+ Content FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069601 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Advertising Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
Featuring a portfolio of top-tier streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Hotstar, Disney DTC is the premium entertainment destination that connects viewers to the phenomenal stories of The Walt Disney Company and more. We’re looking for versatile team-player specialists with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrive upon the outstanding legacy of our company yet embrace non-traditional thinking, and who are passionate about supplying to the Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for Disney+ Content Finance that will primarily be responsible for financial planning and analysis for Disney Entertainment Studio Theatrical Films and Library distributed on Disney+. This role will collaborate with a wide variety of partners from DTC Finance, Disney+ Programming, Disney Entertainment, Corporate, and the Regional teams of the Company. You will work closely with key team members in these areas to set Disney+ content financial plans while establishing clear communication and aligned objectives throughout the fiscal year. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, high-priority area for the company.
What you’ll do:
- Implement quarterly forecasts, annual operating plans
- Run ad hoc analyses and reporting for DTC leadership and other Disney Entertainment collaborators
- Become a subject matter authority in intercompany accounting for Disney films
- Collaborate with Disney Entertainment and Regional DTC FP&A teams to supervise and communicate content investment and P&L forecasts
- Partner with Programming, Content Planning & Analysis, and other global teams to support strategic and operational decision-making
- Build, improve, and maintain department financial reporting tools and processes
- Partner with Controllership teams across the company to set up reporting structures and interpret changes in content accounting treatment
- Stay up to date on SVOD industry trends amidst a constantly evolving landscape
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
Execution of forecasts & adhoc, AOPs, and long-range plans for Studio Theatrical Films and Library on Disney+
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 2-4 years of proven experience, ideally in entertainment finance
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred), CP&A or MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Experienced knowledge of Excel, including building models from the ground up
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including summarize ideas and issues to Executive management
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Ability to drive and implement operational improvements across key activities
- Work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business divisions
- Ability to work in a multifaceted and changing environment
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while keeping management accurately advised
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position in California is $101,790.00 to $124,410.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Advertising:
Disney Advertising is responsible for advertising sales and integrated marketing for The Walt Disney Company’s entertainment and sports offerings through linear, digital, social, audio and ad-supported streaming businesses. This includes ABC, ABC News, Disney+, Disney Channels Worldwide, Disney Digital, ESPN Networks, ESPN+, Freeform, FX, National Geographic, Hulu, and its eight ABC-owned local stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Advertising.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.