Senior Financial Analyst – DMED Ad Sales (Burbank)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 842826BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Responsibilities:Financial Planning and Analysis for Ad Sales Operating Expenses. The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will coordinate with internal partners to help deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The SFA will be responsible for Ad Sales Departmental Overhead, Communications, Research, Sports Sponsorships, Integrated Marketing and Production.
- Partner with Finance team and business owners to update monthly forecast models and track spend and prepare management reporting for executive leadership
- Meet with stakeholders to review variance analysis for Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Long Range Plan (LRP), forecasts, quarter closes and other analysis as required to Planning, Controllership, Corporate and Business Unit Finance teams
- Create meaningful change by identifying and implementing new efficiencies and process improvement for all cost-planning models (i.e. report standardization, invoicing, approvals, budget tracking, etc.)
- Ad hoc analysis, pro formas and adjustments of cost expenditures
- 3 to 5 years of financial planning and analysis experience, preferably in a media environment
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning and accounting
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Advanced Excel skills including financial modeling experience and PowerPoint proficiency
- Proven ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of management
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Be detailed-oriented, self-motivated and flexible
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks and analysis
- Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
- Be able to multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- SAP and Cognos knowledge
- Experience within the Ad Sales Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.