Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669718BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 13, 2019
We are in search of a dynamic, proactive Finance professional with a strong Quantitative and Qualitative skill set for our Senior Financial Analyst supporting Disney Animation, Pixar, and Princess (DAPP) licensing team. This individual will focus on Financial Analysis as well as Business Development; Responsibilities include:
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support financial planning for the DAPP licensing team, including 5-year plan, annual budget, and quarterly forecasts and accruals, by coordinating with licensing and finance teams, and executive leadership
- Utilize system tools to consolidate reports, identify variances and provide supporting analysis to senior management
- Prepare presentations and business summaries for management review
- Provide analysis and develop recommendations for contract terms for major deal negotiations including royalty rates, guarantees, and marketing commitments
- Participate in contract negotiations and ensure contracts are aligned with strategic initiatives including facilitating global approvals when needed
- Coordinate with contract management team, legal and credit to drive efficient contract execution
- Conduct industry research and track industry trends using a variety of research resources
- Identify and assist in implementation of strategic initiatives in conjunction with finance / franchise / category / retail management, by performing analysis such as ROI, market sizing, benchmarking, value chain optimization
- Construct financial models to analyze outcomes of various initiatives to help determine the best approach
- Identify and explore new business opportunities
- 3-4 years of experience in finance or strategic planning
- Preferred previous experience working within either a Consultancy, Licensing, Retail or Consumer Products organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of projects
- Proven background in business analysis
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation through final presentation
- Advanced financial modeling and data visualization skills (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.