Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 676327BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 17, 2019
We are in search of a Senior Financial Analyst that acts as the main finance partner (day to day finance contact) for DMCE (Media, Classics, Entertainment) group.
Responsibilities:Financial Planning & Analysis
- Manage financial planning process of licensing for client group, including annual budget, quarterly forecasts and accruals, by coordinating with category, licensee, finance, IT and executives.
- Work with category to identify and evaluate opportunity and risks for client group
- Prepare consolidation, summary, presentation decks for management review
- Utilize system tools (Cognos, InVision) to consolidate reports, identify variances and provide supporting analysis to senior management
- Improve operational efficiency by streamlining process and enhancing reporting automation leveraging system tools with IT
- Main finance stakeholder for client group in deal approval and operational initiatives, participate in contract negotiation and ensure contracts are aligned with DCP strategic initiatives
- Provide analysis and develop recommendation on contract terms for major deal negotiation including RR, MG, CMF, promo, etc.
- Conduct financial modeling to support operational initiatives (including transfer fee, letter of credit, guarantee shortfall, royalty rate change, blitz items, licensee rationalization, etc)
- Coordinate with CMC, legal and credit to drive efficient contract execution and work with accounting to ensure accurate royalty reporting and resolve issues
- Conduct industry research and track industry trends using a variety of research resources
- Identify and assist in implementation of strategic initiatives in conjunction with franchise /category/ retail management, by performing such analysis as ROI, market sizing, benchmarking, value chain, market deep dive, etc.
- Develop financial models to analyze outcomes of various initiatives to help determine the best approach
- Identify and explore new business opportunities for the client group
- Support management team developing long term strategic plan.
- 3-4 years of experience in revenue forecasting and strategic planning
- Must have experience in Consultancy, Licensing, Retail or Consumer Products organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of projects
- Proven background in business analysis
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation through final presentation
- Advanced financial modeling and data visualization skills (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance and Accounting
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.