Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700143BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
The Studio Entertainment segment is the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built, and at its heart are world-renowned animated features and live-action motion pictures. Studio Financial Planning and Analysis (Studio FPA) is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support their decision making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
The Group is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Studio FP&A group with the review and consolidation of various budgets and forecasts across the segment. This offers a great opportunity to work across the various Walt Disney Studios’ lines of businesses (theatrical, home entertainment, music, etc.).
- Responsible for the consolidation and review of monthly overhead forecasts results
- Develop and refine overhead reporting processes to improve the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of business unit and consolidated segment reporting
- Develop Studio overhead metrics and perform analysis of actual and forecasted amounts against these metrics to ensure that all forecasts are reasonable and accurate
- Work closely with Studio Business Unit Finance to understand business issues impacting overhead
- Assist with the Studio P&L consolidation process at each 5YP, budget and forecast, including review of all key reporting including consolidated P&L cause of change analyses, by-title profitability, and Profit by Product line for Studio senior management
- Perform ad-hoc analysis at the request of Studio senior management
- Work closely with the COGNOS TM1 sustainment team to drive efficiencies and improve reporting across the Studio
- 2-4 years of experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including macros)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues to Studio management
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Ability to drive and implement process improvements across key activities
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while keeping supervisor properly informed
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred)
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
Additional Information:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.