Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 763902BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 29, 2020
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning Learning and Storytelling content for Disney, Marvel, Lucas and own-created brands, which fuels both DPEP and TWDC. It is considered the largest children’s publishing brand in the world.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Financial Analyst to be an integral part of the global FP&A function of Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- Support planning across key business cycles: Annual Operating Plan, Long-Term Strategic Plan, Monthly Forecasts and Quarter Close, including the preparation of presentations to Publishing and DPEP Executive teams
- Support all aspects of the P&L, including revenues, costs and managed operating income
- Maintain and streamline current financial reports, and develop new tools to provide business insights and enable decision support for both Finance and Operations
- Perform ad-hoc benchmark reporting and deep dive analysis to support business growth strategies
- Utilization of multiple systems and tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Invision, Cognos and SAP, as well as partnering across functions and disciplines
- A key liaison in ensuring the financial deliverables to Disney Publishing Global teams and business partners are accurate and timely
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models and templates
- Build key relationships across lines of business to coordinate best practice sharing
- Report directly to a Finance Manager
- 3 to 5 years of Financial, Planning & Analysis work experience
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail and deliverable timeline
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow drivers
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize work with tight deadlines
- Able to work autonomously, take directions and inputs from partners locally and remotely
- Willingness to take on initiatives and learn new systems and applications
- Proficiency in MS applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint; prior experience with COGNOS and SAP preferred
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.