Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 768716BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
The Division Finance team is a fast-paced, dynamic team with responsibilities for division-wide financial planning, including forecasts, annual plan and long range plan; monitoring of division/business unit operating performance; franchise planning and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations to inform division Senior Management regarding forecasted financial performance and business trends.
- Work closely with internal teams to provide analytical support and modeling including competitive, ultimates, long term plan, forecast, film and TV Share and varied ad hoc requests
- Support franchise decision support and strategy
- Assist in the development of executive and communications prep documents for earnings, press releases and other events
- Complete complex projects with minimal direction
- Analyze key profit drivers and trends
- Prepare periodic reports and presentations to senior management
- Drive market Research and Insights to help support analysis
- Assist with financial and analytical support for the franchise teams
- Create and maintain internal tools or databases
- Assist in preparation of deliverables for senior management teams in Investor Relations, Corporate Franchise Management, Studio, Media Networks and other TWDC groups and segments
- Minimum 3 years of finance experience preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced, results driven, challenging environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Extensive expertise of Excel and PowerPoint capabilities (data consolidation tools (Cognos, BI software) also preferred)
- Experience with systems such as Cognos and SAP is a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Experience with analyzing data and creating business models in a consumer-focused company (consumer goods, retail, or entertainment ) a plus
- BA required – BA in a quantitative discipline is preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.