Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605533BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 08, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
Part of Disney ABC Television Group, the ABC Owned Television Stations division (OTVS) seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to assist with financial planning and reporting for the Owned Stations, including preparation of Long Range Plans, Annual Operating Plans, forecasts, and quarterly close consolidations. The candidate will also be responsible for analysis of complex financial data and creation of monthly reports to support effective management and decision-making across the organization.
ABC OTVS is comprised of eight television stations and divisional headquarters. The group has television stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno.
An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Senior Financial Analyst in its Division Financial Planning and Analysis team. The group needs an SFA that has the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build solid relationships throughout. This person will partner with the Division Finance team to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The SFA will be comfortable with large amounts of data and able to analyze proficiently in order to derive succinct conclusions. The ability to manage an ever changing, dynamic environment with confidence will be critical to success. In addition, a successful candidate will look for opportunities to drive efficiency in processes and be willing to provide alternatives.
- Assist with Forecasts, Operating Plan and Strategic Plan financial processes
- Develop and maintain tools and/or financial models to automate consolidation and manipulation of large volumes of data
- Develop and maintain financial models to analyze Operating Plan, Strategic Plans, and business decisions
- Assist with cause of change analyses for Forecasts, Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plans
- Prepare presentations for senior management
- Assist with Capital planning, SG&A Analyses, and Headcount
- Identify, analyze and implement operational process improvements
- Manage coordination of financial processes with TV station personnel across the country
- Support the group with special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Assist with quarterly financial close
- Excellent technical proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain both rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving and presenting solutions
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Comfortable working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Knowledge of ERP and database systems (e.g., Cognos, Oracle, Hyperion and/or Access)
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in public accounting or media/entertainment finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.