Senior Financial AuditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10038238 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jan. 12, 2023
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, television programs, parks and resorts, and consumer products. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Management Audit (MA) position is primarily responsible for assisting the Managers and Directors of MA with the execution of annual audit plan, including performing financial, information technology and operational audits across the Disney Media Entertainment Distribution, including Studio, General Entertainment, Sports and Direct to Consumer, and Parks, Experiences and Products segments, as well as International Operations and our Corporate functions.
Stories are better when the storytellers represent the vast experiences of the people who will hear them. At Disney, we have the opportunity and the responsibility to create authentic, unforgettable stories, experiences, and products that capture the imagination of generations of people around the world. We are committed to doing that in a way that counts everybody in.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
- Assist the Managers and Directors in high quality execution of the annual audit plan in accordance with the MA methodology.
- Perform audit planning activities such as the development of risk and control matrices, data analytics within key processes under audit, drafting of key communications to audit stakeholders and preparation of document request lists.
- Execute fieldwork by performing audit testing through inquiry, data analytics, observation and re-performance and documenting results in working papers.
- Prioritize audit procedures by thinking strategically and understanding business processes within the broader context of the Company operations.
- Identify the impact of audit findings (e.g. control weaknesses) on financial statements, operations and brand.
- Formulate well-written, concise and clear audit findings and assist the Managers and Directors in the operation of audit reports.
- Build effective relationships and work closely with audit stakeholders across all business units of the Company.
- Support the Managers and Directors in department initiatives related to the MA Project Management Office, annual audit planning, audit quality review and department budget.
- Quickly develop and understanding of Disney’s culture and company structures.
- Gain and apply historical knowledge of the department’s audit work in order to leverage internal department experience in future audits.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in auditing and/or accounting
- Willingness to travel up to 25-40% (domestic and international) upon business travel resumption
- Excellent team player, who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possess high energy level, decisiveness and strong work ethic
- Able to work in a flexible team environment and handle multiple assignment simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Experience at a top accounting firm or the internal audit function of a reputable public company
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, ACL, SAS or other data / analytical tools
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Entertainment industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- CPA (or other accounting certificate), CIA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant professional certifications
The hiring range for this position in California is $ 101,790 to $ 124,410 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.