Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Expression of Interest)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 761580BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 21, 2020
The Enterprise Reporting team is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s 10K/10Q filing process and other SEC and non-SEC financial statement deliverables for various reporting requirements. This team also prepares analyses for internal reporting requirements, including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow analyses for the Company’s four distinct business segments (Media Networks; Parks, Experiences and Products; Studio Entertainment; Direct-to-Consumer & International). In responding to executives, analysts or press inquiries concerning the Company, there is significant interaction between Enterprise Reporting and several key corporate departments, including Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, and the office of the CFO. This position offers multiple opportunities to showcase analytical skills.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (SFRA) position reports to a Senior Manager in Enterprise Reporting and will be responsible for various key functions that support the quarterly consolidation and close process for the enterprise. The person in this role will also actively participate in the preparation of Form 10-K/10-Q and internal financial reporting that is provided to senior executives of the Company and, as such, will involve interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel, including the senior executive level. In addition, this position provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate accounting, reporting and financial system expertise, often within a team of other functional experts, on key business initiatives and special projects within the Company or specific to Enterprise Reporting.
- Prepare TWDC Consolidated Income Statement and calculate EPS
- Consolidate and analyze quarterly enterprise representation letter segment submissions
- Prepare quarterly enterprise-wide balance sheet and significant reserves analyses for senior executives
- Assist with preparation and review of the press release, 10K & 10Q reports
- Assist with preparation of Income Statement deliverables for the Media Networks segment
- Assist with preparation of quarterly deliverables to the TWDC Audit Committee
- Preparation and analysis of various financial statement footnote disclosures
- Prepare quarterly and annual government reports and ensure timely submission thereof to various government agencies
- Support Enterprise Reporting and enterprise-wide financial reporting process improvement initiatives, including centralizing and automating enterprise-wide government reporting process
- Lead/execute various ad hoc analyses
- Coordination and interaction with segment teams and executives in Controllership and Investor Relations, including preparing deliverables, ad hoc questions and analysis
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Must have a passion for accuracy and a desire to understand the “why”
- Must be detail oriented while being able to think big picture
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level, strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, decisive
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices
- Ability to meet tight/competing reporting deadlines
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate
- Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel proficiency using pivot tables, Match Index, H-&V-lookups, etc., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong accounting and control knowledge required, specifically with respect to financial reporting and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Additional Information:This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.