Senior Financial Reporting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 764191BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 16, 2020
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst reports to the Manager, Financial Accounting, and will have a primary emphasis in the DTCI Balance Sheet consolidation and reporting, and International business P&L and Balance Sheet Reporting (including Disney Channels International).
The job role is responsible for financial reporting and analysis, and various recurring and ad hoc projects for the SFR COE. This is a high profile team that works closely with senior executives across the Studio segment, WDT segment, DTCI segment, and TWDC. The SFR team is responsible for reporting financial performance and key drivers, including analyzing the cause of change versus forecast and prior year, and quarterly margin analyses. This position will help support and will also partner with other Accounting teams across the lines of business within the Studio, WDT, and DTCI segments; in addition to FP&A, SOX, and Enterprise Reporting. The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will support new business development opportunities, cost saving initiatives, and help the team identify and execute process improvements. The position will make analytical presentations to various executives.
This position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. He/she must be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements. In addition, he/she must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top finance/accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in the entertainment industry, in a unique and highly visible role.
- Prepare, analyze and present reporting of line of business and segment financial results
- Support the preparation and analysis of the Executive Segment and Enterprise Reporting Packages, and other financial results as deemed necessary
- Take ownership of lines of business and segment deliverables
- Perform complex key analytics to inform Executive Management team of business results
- Serve as a liaison between lines of business, segment and regional teams by providing support and guidance to International markets
- Liaise and partner with FP&A teams for continuous process improvement in forecasting, business development and other operational initiatives, etc.
- Provide guidance and lead ad hoc requests/special projects for lines of business, segment and other financial reporting initiatives
- Liaise with external auditors by providing requested PBC items and thoroughly responding to questions in support of the financial statement audit
- Lead process improvement efforts across multiple segments of TWDC and various international regions. Streamline processes and challenge status quo to effectively report results to Segment and Enterprise Executive Management
- Liase and partner with transaction support/accounting teams in the research of technical accounting issues
- Maintain documentation for business processes. Review, update and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Become an integral part of a world class reporting team by promoting collaboration, innovation and business expertise.
- 3-5+ years of public or private accounting experience required Strong technical accounting skills; knowledge of accounting theory and practices, of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player with a desire to excel in demanding and fast paced detailed oriented environment
- Detail-oriented, proficient in reviewing his/her work prior to submission and able to manage multiple requests for various departments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including refined presentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with a public accounting firm preferred (Big 4 background is a plus)
- Experience with SAP preferred, but not required
- Public accounting experience or coordinating with external auditors preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Accounting and Finance or equivalent)
- CPA preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.