Senior Financial Reporting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006324 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Enterprise Reporting team is a fast-paced, dynamic team that manages the external reporting requirements of The Walt Disney Company and its Subsidiaries. The group provides team members with various opportunities to collaborate across the organization, develop insight into the enterprise and participate in a world class controllership organization. In responding to executives, analysts or press inquiries concerning the Company, the group has significant interaction with several key corporate departments, including Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, and the office of the CFO. We are actively looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join this team.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst position reports to the Senior Manager in Enterprise Reporting and will be responsible for key functions that support the quarterly external reporting requirements and related analysis for the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment. The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will also actively participate in the preparation of Form 10-K/10-Q and internal financial reporting that is provided to senior executives of the Company and, as such, will involve interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel, including the senior executive level. This position provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate accounting, reporting, and financial systems expertise, often within a team of other functional experts on key business initiatives and special projects within the Company or specific to Enterprise Reporting.
* Two and a half to five years in accounting, auditing or finance positions of increasing responsibility (including public accounting). Preferably with a large multi-national company or Big 4 accounting firm
* Strong knowledge of general accounting and close process
* Experience with SEC filings, entertainment industry experience, SAP and consolidations systems experience
- Drive the preparation of the quarterly earnings release and management discussion and analysis for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) to meet external reporting requirements
- Review the DPEP cause-of-change analysis and supporting schedules.
- Prepare the business unit analysis package and various ad hoc schedules and analysis
- Prepare the quarterly supporting schedules and deliverables for investor relations and external auditors
- Prepare and analyze various financial statement footnote disclosures
- Coordinate and actively participate in quarterly close meetings with the segments
- Prepare various ad hoc schedules and analyses
- Lead/execute various ad hoc analyses
- Support the implementation of process improvement initiatives
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.