Senior Financial Systems AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724028BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst (SFSA) will support the Plan To Consolidate (PTC) master data process and governance for the company. The SFSA’s key focus will be to process financial master data changes in JDE1 application following an established governance process, and create and validate security access for finance users in JDE1. The SFSA will also assist in enforcing policies and standards for the Enterprise and the individual Segments. He/she will work closely with the SAP technology teams to prioritize, validate and request new master data needed for day to day financial transactions for the company. The SFSA will provide daily support to end user community, identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop training/communication materials.
The ideal candidate should have a strong accounting or finance background with experience in SAP and finance system implementations at a Corporate, Segment or Business Unit level. This candidate should be familiar with financial process best practices and be able to work with various entities to streamline existing processes.
This person will report to the Manager, Financial Systems, Burbank /Glendale Hub.
- Participates and aligns with long term strategy for Financial Systems and related processes within their process area
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs
- Stays current on business issues, industry trends and technological advances.
- Connects their segment & process priorities to the greater organizational goals.
- Pulls and monitors metrics to obtain trends and patterns to identify process/system opportunities and execute corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Demonstrates an understanding of their specific business process and related objectives
- Leads small scale projects or portions of a larger project.
- Interacts with IT, other segments and subject matter experts to support system implementations and enhancements
- Executes project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Performs solution testing, end-user training and communication
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Contributes to the productivity and morale of the team
- Positively confront issues and resolves conflict with sound judgment
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Supports the governance and monitoring of finance system compliance in accordance with company policies, standards and SOX requirements
- Applies knowledge and understanding of financial and US GAAP accounting principles to our systems and business processes
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions
- Responsible for supporting end users with master data questions
- Governs PTC master data requests submissions throughout the company
- Responsible for submitting, reviewing and approving master data requests
- Tracks all master data submissions
- Collaborates with SAP Technology team to ensure timeliness and accuracy of master data requests
- Supports end users and responds to issues (data or process); takes appropriate action to resolve issues
- Participates in training development and provides end user training
- Keeps abreast of technology and solutions for key finance processes and business analytics
- Documents system/process best practices
- Partners with IT and Segments to explore system enhancement opportunities
- Tests system enhancements and modifications to ensure the code change does not impact the integrity of the system’s functionality or its data
- Regularly interacts with end users clients on matters concerning their functional area, segments and department
- Concisely develops and delivers key information; ability to develop presentations, communications and training
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audiences
- Conveys relevant information in a timely and concise manner
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated expertise and technical proficiency in financial systems and business processes
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects of smaller scale, budget and risk and implementing change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization with demonstrated expertise in reporting and analyzing metrics to support continuous improvement in service levels
- Experience in achievement of specified tasks and solving problems of moderate complexity with minimal guidance within service level agreement (SLA) parameters, while providing a positive experience for customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently under moderate direction and supervision on assigned priorities and projects
- Understands business processes and is able to develop and assist in the implementation of business process and/or technology solutions.
- Experience delivering training to end users
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Experience developing and delivering end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- Graduate Degree
- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.