Senior Financial Systems AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 975336BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst (SFSA) Planning & Reporting, will support the Business Intelligence Planning & Reporting for Enterprise Reporting (Corporate) and DMED Controllership and our enterprise financial systems (e.g. SAP, Business Warehouse, EDP/HANA, Cognos/TM1). The SFSA will build financial analysis and reporting tools through the implementation of business intelligence solutions. In addition, the SFSA will design, build, and support the analysis and reporting process improvements, system enhancements, and transaction automation tools to meet the segment/client needs. Lastly, the SFSA will provide daily support to end user community, identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop training/communication materials.
Responsibilities:Report Development/Process Realignment/User Support: Provides support to finance planning and accounting system users and develops/delivers localized segment training as needed. Works with segment partners to understand and support their transaction processing, reporting process, and data needs. Gathers requirements, develops sophisticated macros, analyzes master data and hierarchies, creates report design, conducts testing, and leads change management and training activities. Ability to expertly navigate through large financial workbooks with a deep understanding in finance and accounting practices in order to identify and resolve reconciliation issues and develop VBA code to fix issues.
Strategic Focus: He/she will serve as a strategic business planning partner working with business process owners, business units and IT to formulate options to address specific reporting and analysis issues / requirements. The SFSA’s key focus will be to support the reporting and transaction automation strategy and solutions for the Corporate and Segment Controllership client groups.
Experience: The ideal candidate should possess experience in large organizations utilizing SAP, Excel with VBA and financial reporting systems (Cognos/TM1, Business Warehouse and Business Objects). The candidate must also possess extensive experience in GL based external SEC reporting (10K/Q), financial consolidation and reconciliation, query and report development, conducting process reviews and be familiar with current business analytics and finance process best practices and be able to work with various entities to streamline existing processes.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with finance or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation with familiarity in software development
- Minimum of 2 years working with SAP or other ERP systems specializing in reporting, master data/hierarchy management, GL consolidation and reconciliation.
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience managing small to mid-sized projects
- Established expertise in financial operations, general ledgers, financial controls, consolidation and reconciliation, GAAP accounting, and SEC financial reporting
- Strong understanding of financial reporting master data elements such as Company Code, Business Areas, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Trading Partners, and more.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel with ability to develop and troubleshoot sophisticated custom VBA macros.
- Ability to build reports and grasp querying languages, relational databases, and dimensional reporting cubes.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices.
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience leading and championing change on projects of moderate scope and budget, involving localized teams whose success is dependent upon the management of potential risk factors, impacting a specific line of business.
- Experience working within a team of high performing financial professionals with focus on solving complex technical issues to achieve specified results within service level agreement (SLA) parameters, while providing a positive experience for customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently on self -directed and assigned tasks under moderate direction and supervision.
- 3-5 years consulting experience as related to enterprise report standardization or master data alignment efforts.
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP system
- Experience in using Business Objects, Cognos Analytics, or PowerBI reporting tools
- Experience developing end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- Six Sigma certification
- PMP, SCRUM, or other professional project management certification
- SAP BW Query Certified
Required EducationBachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Information Systems or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA and MIS)
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.