Senior Forensic AuditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724019BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
The Senior Forensic Auditor assists in investigating potential financial irregularities and certain violations of The Walt Disney Company’s Standards of Business Conduct by using a combination of investigative work experience, professional skepticism, proven technical analytical ability, and excellent communication skills. The Senior Forensic Auditor will also help to research and opine on conflicts of interest and gifts disclosed by employees by using a combination of established policies, guidelines, past precedent, and business acumen.
Responsibilities:• Obtain and analyze complex financial and business data (e.g. transaction reporting within SAP, travel & entertainment expense reports, vendor data, competitive bid information, etc.) using internal and external database systems (e.g. SAP, Arriba, LexisNexis Accurint, Citibank) to identify potentially relevant evidence and opportunities for control and process enhancements in a global and complex organization, utilizing analytical software programs where applicable (e.g. Excel, Access) and root cause analysis.
• Review computer and personnel files (e.g., email files, calendar appointments, electronic documents, training records, Internet history, social networking websites) to identify evidence relevant to investigation.
• Assist in interviewing employees in a professional and courteous manner to obtain information based on identified evidence.
• Prepare memorandums in a manner that is clear and supported by evidence and which summarizes conclusions, findings, and recommendations, and be able to communicate ongoing status to the Senior Manager of Special Reviews.
• Gain and apply historical knowledge of the department’s investigations, in order to contribute to the consistent application of Company policy.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in public accounting, consulting, or in an investigative position, including at least 1 year in a forensic audit role.
- MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good judgment and high level of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to think clearly in stressful situations.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to be accountable for multiple aspects of several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn, think strategically, and acclimate quickly to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex financial and business conduct allegations in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
- Prior training or experience in conducting interviews (e.g. informational, admission-seeking) would be beneficial.
- Strong database analytical skills including work with Access, SQL, or ACL preferred.
- Ability to conduct public records checks and internet searches.
- Familiarity with SAP preferred.
- Computer forensics skills (e.g., EnCase) would be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business and be able to demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of accounting principles, internal controls, and investigative procedures.
- CPA, CFE, or other relevant professional certifications are highly desired.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.