Senior Learning & Development Program SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 758861BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 23, 2020
Are you someone who is looking to optimize learning programs, help business leaders reach their goals, and foster a culture of growth and development?
Our Tech Talent Development team mission is to build capabilities, skills, and tech communities of practice across the DPEP Technology & Digital organization which enable Cast members to grow and make an impact on the business through innovation and technology enhancements.
- Identify and assess current and future training needs, including expanding Machine
- Learning training program
- Create group and individual training plans
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods including hands-on, classroom, custom training modules and eLearning platforms
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI and assimilate data for metrics reporting
- Take ownership of budget allocated for assigned projects
- Resolve specific problems and tailor programs accordingly
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and industry practices
- Source training vendors, instructors and services to meet learning and development requirements
- Manage instructional technology to include authoring systems and online learning platforms such as DLearn
- Own status reporting for program project threads and work with direct manager to prepare updates, metrics reports and presentations
- Role Authority
- Ensure training content meets the needs of learners
- Plan and track the most effective use of funds allocated to assigned learning projects
- Monitor projects and report on project status
- Serve as a team lead
- Mentor team members
- Reports to Manager, Technology (Tech Talent Development)
- Work with key stakeholders such as leaders, learning & development peers, subject matter experts and human resources to design learning programs and experiences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing training programs and events
- Experience with training programs for technology organizations
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods
- Strong analytical skills and experience in Instructional Design
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and project management skills; can effectively prioritize and balance short and long-term work-streams
- Ability to quickly interpret and synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop insights and recommendations
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills, with ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- Experience working with and presenting to a broad range of levels – from early career talent to executive leadership
- People-person; strong interpersonal skills
- Driven, motivated, self-starter with ability to operate independently
- Excellent knowledge of standard MS Office tools
- Experience building Confluence Team Collaboration sites, HTML and Java Scripting
- Experience with graphics design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience working at the enterprise level in technology; experience in internal client services capacity preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, education or relevant field preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.