Senior Machine Learning Scientist - Speech and Natural LanguageApply Now Job ID 438754BR Location Glendale, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Date posted 04/10/2017
Disney is looking for a talented, creative and passionate individual with a strong machine learning background to help build cutting edge speech and language technology for guest facing applications. We will leverage automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language understanding (NLU) to enable new experiences for our guests across multiple touch points. As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will design and develop models that advance Disney’s applications of spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our Guests in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.Apply Now
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and dialog management.
- Strong machine learning background, and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- 1+ yrs experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems for commercial applications
- Solid software development experience (C/C++, Java, or Python)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- 3+ yrs experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems for commercial applications
- Experience leading small teams, balancing multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related quantitative field, with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning.