Senior Manager, Brand CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747261BR Location Glendale, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
Part of Sales Communications is the Portfolio Communications Team, which is responsible for developing and strengthening the Disney Ad Sales Brand with Marketing Clients and Advertising Agencies. This department’s key roles are:
- Develop Go-To-Market strategies and supporting sales materials for the broader Portfolio and individual media Brands
- Create external-facing client events
- Educate/train internal Sales team on the core portfolio and brand value propositions, sales materials, and marketplace position
- Create trade marketing initiatives and manage trade website and social handles
- Partner with Brand Solutions teams in developing marketing opportunities for clients
- This team is highly collaborative and works closely with several disciplines including; Research, Creative Studio, Category Communications, Category Sales, and Portfolio Solutions
- Create customized Brand Stories and positioning materials for assigned properties
- Serve as point person and department expert for Brand performance and programming/content
- Observe and study marketplace trends and provide key insights that highlight strengths on how each brand performs in the marketplace
- Create communication tactics and collateral for these properties
- Work with the Program Development and Marketing teams to highlight new programming launches, schedules, and content cycles
- Partner with dedicated Brand Solutions teams as needed, providing analysis on content performance for use in developing sales and marketing opportunities
- Coordinate with the Trade Marketing team to manage assets and messaging across trade website and social handles
- 8+ years’ experience in Media Sales organization and/or Advertising agency with a minimum of 6+ years in digital
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and Keynote.
- Proficient with media research measurement terms and metrics; Nielsen and comScore
- Expertise in storytelling. Ability to create insights based stories utilizing a variety of tools and data sets across digital, social, and linear platforms
- Background in Sports or Entertainment with cross platform expertise is a plus
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Social Media tracking tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.