Senior Manager, Business Operations - Strategic ProjectsApply NowApply Later Job ID 985245BR Location Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the entire Disney Streaming organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company, to lead the authorship and synthesis of insightful, compelling cross-enterprise executive and senior leadership reporting, to architect and produce highly sensitive, deadline-driven written and presentation artifacts for reporting and business insights, both to Disney Streaming C-Suite leadership and for distribution to VP/ Director-level executives
- This role will lead outreach and relationships with internal stakeholder leadership across finance, analytics, marketing, commerce, and product teams to source and maintain pulse on the business - integrating planned activities with forecasts, KPIs, and business performance across the organization. This role will deliver business intelligence gathering and smart synthesis from voluminous and disparate information sources - qualitative, quantitative, technical, financial - to pull together into insightful, rapid-cycle reporting and deeper dives on weekly and monthly business review basis
- This position will lead the authoring of executive memos and reports with authority, concision, a constant eye for business purpose and data-driven narrative, with deep understanding of our business models and the full portfolio of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes, and a keen filter for the “business-critical,” anticipating needs of leadership to make decisions and lead the charge in shaping business communications for broader stakeholder messaging about sensitive, market-moving performance metrics.
- The ideal candidate is a resourceful polymath with the ability to quickly digest sources as disparate as technical analysis, financial spreadsheets, data dashboards, and marketing plans with strong, swift, and precise written communication; a relentless copyediting eye and excellent attention to detail and accuracy; and the ability to concurrently manage multiple workstreams and projects
- It is imperative that this position have impeccable discretion, editorial judgement, and ability to telescope between the highly detailed and the big picture
- This role will coach and manage one direct report (Business Operations Manager, Strategic Projects) with the goal of growing a team that functions as the “special ops” for the Disney Streaming organization
Responsibilities:Stay on leading edge of upcoming initiatives, latest internal developments, and activity status across functional and matrixed teams across the organization
- Be a trusted advisor and collaborator with stakeholder group leadership spanning Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+ across finance, analytics, marketing, commerce, and product teams to source, report on, and champion the planning, launch, and KPI performance of activities across the organization
- Monitor decisions, launches, and performance metrics through constant, consistent scanning of reports and status updates across the organization, triangulating between teams to validate accuracy, confirm significance, and continually seek enterprise source of truth
- Anticipate inquiries, launch analyses, and incorporate critical data points to frame answers to business questions and operational planning
- Work closely with stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization to help translate their ideas, strategies and plans into high quality, informative, and well-organized reports and presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals
- Explain complex situations clearly and simply with concise, precise prose and visualizations, writing and presenting appropriately for medium (presentation, deck, written report) and switch fluently depending on audience and business need
- Drive vision and development of strategic business project portfolio for various audiences and levels of sensitivity
- Build consensus and a strong narrative around a business problem, research, and proposed solution
- Define and maintain rhythm and scope of business reporting for executives and key stakeholders
- 7-10 years work experience
- Superlative written, verbal and analytical skills, particularly with development of presentation materials
- Broad business management background
- Distinct ability to take a highly complex business opportunity, provide a cohesive solution proposal, and build consensus around approach
- Team management, coaching, and managerial presence
- Must be able to read data, absorb large quantities and frequent changes to qualitative and quantitative information, triangulate, disambiguate, and summarize results and recommendations - in executive memo, report, and presentation form
- A passion for accuracy and translating insights into a compelling narrative. It is essential to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Consulting or Public Relations experience
- Strategy and Operations or former Chief of Staff background
- CA or NY based
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.