Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager Business Strategy and OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615799BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 27, 2018
Job Summary:ABC Owned Television Stations Growth Team is looking for an innovative, organized and execution-focused Senior Manager of Business Strategy & Operation. This role will be critical to developing growth strategies for the local news and information space, providing strategic and operational support to the Growth and Partnerships team.
- Create and maintain strategic planning materials to support planning cycles and to track strategic growth initiatives, in coordination with OTV business units
- Develop operational execution plans around new business opportunities
- Track industry trends in the local and media innovation spaces and provide recommendations around key growth areas
- Manage relationships with key vendors
- Support execution of OTV’s innovation roadmap, including speaker series, workshops, and podcast, including building execution timelines, budgets, sourcing participants and speakers and tracking follow up around innovation activities
- Support creation, communication and coordination of employee engagement activities across ABC OTV, including Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion
- Passion, interest and awareness of the local media space and the trends happening to the local and news industries
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly organized, action-oriented, creative and collaborative
- Excellent visualization and storytelling skills to be able to effectively communicate strategic vision and execution plans
- Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies and market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
- Proficient in Keynote, PPT, Excel
- Relationships in the media industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA / Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.