Senior Manager, Content Planning (Disney+)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784833BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 23, 2021
- Drive Disney+ Originals global planning and release strategy, partnering with multiple stakeholders across the organization to inform decisions; run the team that manages day-to-day tracking and reporting/calendaring of global Originals, including multiple report variations to multiple stakeholders, depending on the need.
- Drive Disney+ content planning efforts for US and Canada domestically to ensure steady programming cadence of titles across Originals and library
- Lead global planning for priority library titles, including Current series and Pay 1 movies, in close partnership with local programming teams to ensure alignment
- Oversee tools and reporting/calendar efforts on behalf of Content Planning team, working horizontally across the team to provide critical support
- At least 6 years of experience in a related field -
slate planning, content strategy, content curation, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment.
- Experience in fields related to slate planning, content strategy, content curation, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment - SVOD experience a plus.
- Experienced manager, adept at leading teams through high volume of work on a regular basis, and capable of managing multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Diplomatic mindset and
proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization. Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities to improve title planning and recommend solutions that drive impact to the business.
- Ability to effectively prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced environment, and effectively communicate with other managers and/or team members about said deliverables.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other relevant software tools. Ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed.
- Analytical mindset, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment.
- SVOD or Linear TV experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.