Senior Manager, Content Planning - Sustainment (Disney+)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784834BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 23, 2021
- Lead a team that tracks progress of all titles and associated assets (including sub/dub components by language) planned for Disney+ across Disney+ markets, with a specific eye toward impact/risk to planned Disney+ Programming dates
- Represent Content Planning within the larger Disney+ supply chain process; liaise with downstream operational teams to ensure Content Planning intent is effectively communicated; drive process improvements with cross-functional teams
- Provide regular reports on title milestones and progress within the planning lifecycle that can be shared with local Programming teams
- 6+ years’ experience in a related field - slate planning, ideally in digital media and entertainment.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing teams/others
- Leader with extensive experience in project/process management and slate planning, ideally in digital media and entertainment - SVOD experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Team management skills and experience; a leader who has developed a process for project prioritization and who has experience effectively communicating with other managers and/or team members about deliverables.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other relevant software tools. Ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed.
- Analytical mindset, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment.
- SVOD or Linear TV experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.