Senior Manager, Content Programming – OptimizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 770385BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 18, 2020
- Build programming optimization guidance and parameters and work with teams globally to implement changes based on data and insights
- Manage and ensure a rigorous, thoughtful, and globally coordinated testing schedule
- Develop merchandising analysis and ongoing dashboards as needed, in partnership with data teams
- Advocate for guest experience across all touchpoints
- Convey programming expectations/needs to all stakeholders
- Work with product teams to advocate for and prioritize internal and guest-facing features
- Work with design on asset and UX shifts
- Work with marketing on acquisition and retention optimization
- Coordinate with data and insights to extract actionable learnings from testing
- Develop, manage, and publish experimentation merchandising in the service
- Leverage market and behavior data and audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective programming strategies
- Identify programming gaps and audience segment opportunities
- Minimum 7 years’ professional experience. Digital media, programming, product, data analysis, marketing, and/or streaming experience a plus.
- Minimum 1 year’s experience with TWDC brands, franchises, and content
- Advanced data literacy
- Ability to build and manage analytics dashboards within data visualization tools
- Previous experience and understanding of digital platform A/B testing and experimentation
- Deep understanding and working background of digital media platforms, including hands-on management of web, app, streaming, and/or connected devices
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills - demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external research professionals
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Able to lead people (both direct teams and indirect teams) to deliver above expectations
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.