Senior Manager, Content Programming (Disney+)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 777569BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 24, 2021
- Drive Disney+ global content programming, promotion, retention, and engagement
- Operationalize global editorial merchandising and promotion strategies
- Create high-impact, curated programming events that leverage TWDC (The Walt Disney Company) brands and franchises
- Collaborate on, and advocate for, regional and territorial editorial merchandising and promotion
- Leverage market and behavior data, audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective programming strategies
- Partner with franchise and IP teams to support priority content campaigns
- Partner with programming content optimization on testing needs, and testing implementation as needed
- Partner with programming data & insights to take action on findings
- Partner with operational teams to ensure content and asset availability supports merchandising strategies
- Identify audience programming gaps and audience segment opportunities
- Build, check, and publish programming within the CMS as needed.
- Ad hoc support on a variety of projects, as they are assigned
- 3+ years minimum experience with TWDC (The Walt Disney Company) brands, franchises, and content.
- 5+ years of experience within digital media, programming, and/or marketing
- Deep understanding and working background of digital media platforms, including hands-on management of web, app, streaming, and/or connected devices.
- Advanced data literacy.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external research professionals.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Able to lead people (both direct teams and indirect teams) to deliver above expectations
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Streaming experience a plus.
- International experience a plus.
- Multilingual fluency a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in Business, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.