Senior Manager, Data Analytics
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775875BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
Job Summary:The DMED Data and Analytics organization is seeking a Senior Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Advanced Analytics team. As a Sr. Manager at Hulu, you will lead a content team that applies analytical rigor to optimize our content portfolio. The right person for this role possesses experience leading teams of analysts or data scientists to develop measurement and optimization strategies informing high-stakes decisions. If you are someone who thrives on putting analysis into action, then this is a great role for you
- Deliver impactful insights and analyses across all levels of the organization to inform content decisions and strategy
- Lead a team of highly skilled analysts to develop frameworks and recommendations using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques
- Analyze customer behavior (e.g., genre preferences, viewing patterns) to identify unmet customer needs and untapped content opportunities
- Quantify causal impact of specific pieces of content on subscriber growth and LTV, and adjust efficiency metrics to represent the holistic value of content investments to Hulu
- Develop content investment strategies to target attractive profit pools and efficiently meet or exceed growth objectives
- Partner with the Content Planning and Analysis team to estimate impact of different content decisions on subscriber health and growth
- Partner with Data Science team to leverage leading ML techniques to improve accuracy of content investment scenario projections (both title-level and portfolio-level)
- Effectively communicate and socialize actionable results and findings throughout organization
- Develop a team of high-performing analysts
- 5-10 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role including 3+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience with common data mining and machine learning techniques such as decision trees, random forests, unsupervised learning, classification, etc.
- Experience in programming with R, Python, SAS or equivalent
- Proficient in SQL and comfortable working with disparate data sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to turn complex analysis into business-friendly recommendations
- Ability to build a relationship with stakeholders and effectively manage demand
- Master’s or Ph.D in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Quantitative Marketing, or equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.