Senior Manager Development Planning and Integration – New ExperiencesApply NowApply Later Job ID 966302BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Innovation is at the center of everything we do at WDI, and nothing reflects that more than our work environment. We celebrate collaborative thinking and promote cross-disciplinary partnerships to foster a culture of diversity and creativity. Our vision is to expand the capabilities of Imagineering into new product categories and industry-leading innovations to establish the future of entertainment.
The Sr. Manager New Experiences Development Planning & Integration serves an important role with Imagineering at the nexus of strategy, ensuring the efforts and teams function at the highest level in pursuit of new ideas and initiatives that will determine the future of entertainment. You will be an important partner across and beyond Imagineering in establishing structure and process in an environment tasked with generating business-expanding programs and implementing new models for growth at a global scale. We ask that you are equal parts organizational thinker, tactician, process expert and empath, able to create order and trust in diverse teams spanning creative, business, strategy and investment partners within and beyond the Company. This role also serves as co-administrators of the New Experience process and review meetings to support DPEP Chairperson and additional DPEP Executive Committee level leaders, helping establish and lead agendas, ensure review of plans and harness direction and decisions from the highest levels of leadership. This role is an important team role to partner across all WDI studios, Global Business Development and a wide network of partners and collaborates to ensure everyone has a singular, integrated plan of action and shared view of success. You will oversee the portfolio of new experiences work, understanding and mastery of the process needs, interpersonal dynamics and tactical planning required for high-functioning teams to establish trust and achieve work results. This is an ideal role for a motivated talent, passionate about team building, process mapping and sharing in success in the earliest, most creative phases of ideation and business thinking.
You will report to the Portfolio Creative Executive New Experiences Development.
- Partner with important members across all resources in planning and process management across the entirety of New Experiences initiatives and efforts globally
- Manage internal review pace with New Experience team and project efforts, including prioritization of time, resources, agendas and decisions
- Lead communication across horizontal and vertical teams with a focus on aggregation of holistic strategic approach and individual agreement
- Promote processes that ensure the most efficient use of resources to meet project delivery timelines
- Manage all relationships to ensure highest output of quality results while keeping focus on building momentum
- Summarize planning strategies for presentation and guide timeline integration of New Experience initiatives
- Advise leadership on team dynamics and areas for greater understanding and agreement of shared success
- Manage a wide network of trusted partners, collaborators, administrative and technical experts required for smooth execution of work plans, team meetings and leadership reviews
- Oversee the operations of shared team space, including assignment of space and technology systems
- Partner and delegate calendar management and prioritization to executive administrative support for the team and new experiences leadership
- Manage regular consolidation of progress reporting of New Experiences efforts for senior leadership
- Communicate talent and resource planning inputs to studio and department leaders and partners on behalf of New Experiences programs
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a planning, organizational development or chief of staff-level position
- Understanding of strategic planning, forecasting and budget management at a project level
- Expert navigator of interpersonal and team dynamics, communication and issue resolution
- Knowledge of business strategies to influence and lead New Experience programs
- Expert navigator of complex dynamics and how to translate for best team success
- Collaborate, influence, and develop/maintain relationships at all levels, with experience and knowledgeable at senior most levels of leadership
- Understanding of the integration of multiple data sources into clear, relevant insights that build concrete solutions
- Experience with the creative process and needs of teams at the earliest phases of new ideas
- Prioritize work and lead high-level output accomplishing tasks at a tactical level and work through conflicting/changing priorities
- BS/BA in finance, business, design or engineering
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.