Senior Manager, Economics and Live OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10021563 Location Glendale, California, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States / New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Next Generation Storytelling team is seeking a Sr Mgr of Economy Design and Live Operations with strong user experience, product strategy and communication skills, and deep expertise in crafting forward-thinking, cross-functional projects. This individual will help balance and shape unique consumer experiences that drive persistent connections with consumers while unlocking new canvases for storytelling. This role requires a combination of strong experience in strategy, creative expertise, passionate execution, and accountability.
This role will work with high performing, cross-functional teams to drive and execute next generation consumer experiences, and help define the future roadmap for NGS products. This individual will have strong experience in economy and live operation design, data-driven consumer analysis, partner management skills, and will bring an understanding of the interplay between design, product, engineering, and the business to evolve capabilities through partnerships and consumer-centric user experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled cross-functional collaborator, with experience in emerging technology, games, and consumer-oriented technology services. The role requires a solid foundation in product strategy, innovation, cross-functional team collaboration, and the ability to rapidly synthesize complex information and effectively communicate across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Lead the overall economics and live-operation design for NGS, including overall economy design, rewards and achievement unlocks, and seasonal gamification of content rollouts
- Drive explorations in emergent technology, including but not limited to Web3, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, NFT and data-driven insights into their impact
- Definite future product features that drive both user acquisition and retention through innovative, player-first design
- Drive custom analysis and tooling based on internal success metrics
- Maintain a clear understanding of the business goals and user needs, identifying and articulating high-impact research questions and opportunities, while continuing to drive quantitative strategic decisions with a qualitative touch.
- Synthesize user research and business data to help shape the product roadmap, designs and future research activities.
- Use storytelling to communicate high-level concepts and research insights in presentations, reports, and workshops.
- Collaborate with cross functional product peers, engineering, and design to successfully realize the release, management and experimentation of new experience features to the end viewer
- Present complex features and roadmaps across the organization, soliciting shared alignment and championing the value of building flexible, scaled platform solutions
- Communicate effectively with a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Work across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements
- BS/BA in Business Economics, Product Strategy, User Experiences, Digital Media, Technology or related field
- 8+ years of combined relevant experience in game economics, live operations, games as a service, or equivalent experience driving live service strategy and successfully launching features in an agile environment, of which 3 or more years of management experience
- A deep understanding of modern game design, including live service strategy and seasonal content delivery
- Experience working with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with leaders and cross-functional partners
- Creative and strategic thinker with proven ability to create and deliver strong user experiences and product designs
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast paced environment while navigating a complex organizational structure.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker; effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Open-minded and able to incorporate constructive feedback
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Experience in live operation game design, game economy design, and/or platform design
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.