Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Executive CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 557860BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 23, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, our mission is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Within that larger organization, Consumer Products Commercialization delivers innovative products and experiences to Guests and consumers in new and innovative ways,
The Senior Manager, Executive Communications will spearhead executive positioning and lead executive communication needs for the division’s senior leadership. This is a highly visible role, and an excellent opportunity to showcase strategic thinking and expertise in this field with superior writing capabilities and versatility. In addition, this position works closely partners in Internal and External Communication to guide executive engagement in strategic and meaningful ways that strengthen their reputation as a leader in our organization and industry. This individual will also work with peers across the segment and company to ensure coordination and integration when multiple speakers from Disney are involved.
This role will focus on high profile speeches, presentations and other written materials, including keynote addresses, video scripts, written communications to employees and external stakeholders, and panel remarks. Influencing and guiding leadership engagement and outreach efforts will be important to help ensure strategic alignment with segment-wide communications plans.
- Develop strategic executive engagement plans for senior leadership
- Review speaking requests and recommend conferences, presentations, panels, interviews, etc. based on subject matter and overall positioning.
- Prepare key messages for executives participating in high profile internal and external events, conferences or other forums where media may be present.
- Develop internal and external communications -- presentations, video segments, scripts, talking points and executive perspectives.
- Conduct presentation preparation and rehearsals, and be on site day of event to manage logistics and handle executive needs (may require domestic and internal travel).
- Manage content development and presentation design for internal and external audiences.
- At least 7 years of professional speechwriting or corporate communications experience
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to media to consumers
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective executive communication content requiring minimal editing and rework
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
- A highly collaborative approach
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Experience creating Keynote and PowerPoint presentations
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company including in-depth knowledge of Disney business and organizational sensitivities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.