Senior Manager, Finance - Flexible Business ModelApply NowApply Later Job ID 751012BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 07, 2020
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Finance – Flexible Business Models to provide strategic insights, operational finance expertise and analytical support related to the execution of the Company’s Flexible Business Model (FBM) initiatives. This includes wholesale and all commercial business models outside of third party licensing and vertical owned/operated. The Sr. Manager, Finance – (FBM) will partner with operational leaders to architect the the strategy and the operational execution, while achieving the financial objectives of the business.
In addition, the Senior Manager will conduct research, modeling and analysis to support new and existing business opportunities. Through partnerships with key stakeholders your work will include: performing strategic and financial analyses, decision support, analyzing new business initiatives. By providing project management and high-quality, thoughtful insights, the Senior Manager plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of the Licensing and Commercialization business. The individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across TWDC.
The position will lead one Senior Financial Analyst.
- Serve as functional expert in support of the development of go-to-market plans and business execution of all flexible models (e.g. wholesale, direct-to-retail, shop-in-shop)
- Lead the annual operating plan, monthly forecasts, and 5 year strategic planning process (i.e. financial consolidation, deck preparation) for the Flexible Business Model initiatives
- Evaluate short and long term business growth and investment strategy
- Partner with key executives to research, model, and evaluate a variety of strategic projects and initiatives (including demand forecasting and evaluation of wholesale pricing)
- Monitor industry trends (i.e. media, retail, toys, consumables, softlines, consumer behavior) and interpret the strategic implications for the business
- Develop and communicate presentations related to the feasibility of new business opportunities and performance trends for existing businesses
- Build forecast process from the ground up; align with legacy business planning cycles while developing new methods that are unique to each opportunity
- Partner with IT to systemize planning process leveraging data from disparate sources
- Track and report new business initiatives across regions and franchises; develop and share best practices globally
- Support the development and reporting of KPIs across various business initiatives
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models and templates
- 7-10 years of prior experience in quantitative roles, preferably with a Consumer Goods, Media and Entertainment company, management consultancy, or investment banking
- Superior analytical, financial modeling, and research skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way for senior-level executives
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to lead projects from inception
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- BS in Finance or related field (Accounting, Economics, etc.) and MBA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.