Senior Manager, Finance - Global LicensingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715231BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Global Finance to lead the global consolidation for Global Licensing across key business cycles: Annual and long-term strategic plans, monthly forecasts and quarter close. The position will partner with business leaders within Global Licensing and regional finance teams to provide strategic and financial support on key operational strategies and company initiatives. He/she will also lead and/or support some ad hoc FP&A projects and initiatives. Reporting to the Director, Finance, this role will lead a team of 3.
Responsibilities:Forecast, Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Support the global budget, forecast and close processes including financial modeling and deck preparation
- Actively participate in quarter-close processes. Prepare roll-up schedules and executive presentations highlighting quarterly key performance drivers
- Complete Divisional and Corporate requests: monthly, quarterly and ad hoc
- Track and report new business initiatives across regions and franchises
- Support the development and reporting of Global KPIs (i.e. region, franchise, product category, revenue / HC)
- Assist and support the global consolidation team in other ad hoc projects such as cost base review across regions, licensee rationalization and SKU efficiency
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models and templates
- Support the 5YP strategic process (i.e. financial consolidation, deck preparation)
- Develop competitive analysis, market research and benchmarking analytics
- Develop and share best practices globally
- 7-10 years of Corporate Finance experience; specifically budgeting, forecasting, business development/planning and overall financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others in day-to-day assignments and complex projects
- Embraces working in a highly collaborative environment
- Independent and creative thinker and problem solver
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
- Ability to present and discuss work and results with Executive team, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Ability to multi-task, work well with others in a fast paced environment and keep supervisor promptly informed
- Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools; advanced Excel and PowerPoint ability
- Consumer Product experience a plus
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.