Senior Manager, Financial AuditApply NowApply Later Job ID 779741BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
The Senior Manager, Financial Audit will be responsible for leading a team of audit professionals in performing audits in the areas of design, efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls. The position schedules and plans audits, monitors fieldwork progress and communicates the results to senior management. Senior Managers are typically responsible for enterprise-wide audits and multiple business units within a TWDC operating Segment (i.e. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Disney Parks, Experiences & Products) or Corporate functional areas (e.g. Treasury, Accounting Shared Services, Human Resources Centers of Excellence) and act as the primary contact to these business units/functional areas. This position will primarily focus on audits within the Disney Parks, Experiences & Products segment and Corporate.
- Assist in development of the annual plan, including linking strategic initiatives of the segment to the key audit risks. Understand business changes and adapt audit plan throughout the year
- Plan, conduct and supervise engagements with a focus on analysis and assessment of the control environment associated with the financial reporting, operational and compliance processes
- Identify and maintain leading edge knowledge and audit techniques to improve the audit process and results
- Analyze the relationships between business processes, systems and databases
- Manage the testing of key technology controls within business and operational processes
- Formulate well-written, concise and clear audit reports
- Perform a regular, periodic follow-up on significant audit findings and recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions
- Develop and maintain relationships with external auditors
- Coach, train and mentor audit managers and staff in improving audit skills
- Investigate and research technical accounting and auditing matters
- Participate in various company-wide initiatives, such as system implementations and reviews of policies and procedures
- Lead department initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 7+ years of progressive auditing and accounting experience, including 2+ years of leadership experience in auditing/accounting
- Possesses executive presence, excellent communication skills both oral and written (must be able to tailor their communication style as the candidate will interface with employees of all levels) and instill purpose and confidence
- Exceptional leader and effective manager who possesses a strong work ethic and takes ownership of their projects and workflow, leads by example, and mentors a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Superior knowledge in technical accounting, internal controls and control environments
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Excellent team player, who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25-40% (domestic and international) upon business travel resumption
- 5+ years of financial auditing experience at a top accounting firm or the internal audit function of a reputable public company
- Integrated financial/IT auditing experience
- Professional experience within the Hospitality, Media and Entertainment industry
- Ability to position oneself as a strategic partner to assist audit stakeholders in meeting company objectives
- General understanding of database-driven financial reporting, accounting systems (SAP preferred) and their associated controls and control environment
- Experience with Tableau or other data analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Information Systems
- CPA or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree
- Dual degree Accounting and Computer Information Systems
- CIA, CISA or CISSP strongly desired (or in process)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.