Senior Manager, Financial SystemsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747521BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
Responsibilities:The Senior Manager of Financial Systems – SMFS will support the Forecasting & Planning (F&P) and Controllership reporting, process, data, and technology planning programs. The SMFS will serve as a strategic business partner working with business process leaders, business units, and IT to formulate new platform solutions, direct the enhancement roadmap to existing solutions, and architect the vision of the future. The SFSM will lead a team of leaders in the budgeting, design, evaluation, and implementation of planning and reporting projects. The SMFS will own the performance management and close reporting programs at an enterprise level and be empowered with budget and resource allocation oversight. The SMFS will provide support to finance and accounting executives to help design the overall planning and reporting strategy for the enterprise.
The ideal candidate should have a strong accounting and/or planning background and have extensive experience in reporting tools, Cognos/TM1, Business Objects, and financial system implementations at a Corporate, Segment, or Business Unit level. This candidate should possess deep subject matter expertise with financial planning and modeling P&L, B/S, workforce planning, and allocations. Expert knowledge in building and sourcing complex master data and hierarchies and creating business analytics/modeling capabilities for various entities. The candidate should also be able to communicate at an executive level and manage large scale enterprise projects with multiple complex and concurrent work streams.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated expertise and technical proficiency in report design and build.
- Working knowledge in using reporting tools like Hyperion Essbase or Cognos/TM1 tools (CAFÉ, CWA, Cognos Analytics, Report Studio, Active Reports) or other BI related tools.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects at an enterprise scale (> 1 year & > $1 million) and implemented change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization
- Experience in managing budgets and resource allocations. Ability to be dynamic and fluid to meet changing business priorities across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently on self -directed and assigned tasks under moderate direction and supervision
- Experience leading managers/supervisors
- Expertise with complex integrated financial planning models that consists of labor/headcount, overhead, P&L, and inter/intra-allocations
- Knowledge of GL based financial consolidation, eliminations, and reporting for quarter closes
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Objects, Tableau, and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Now, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Information Systems or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA or MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.