Senior Manager, Insight IntegrationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710553BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Marketing center of excellence for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
We are seeking an inspiring and collaborative leader to serve as Senior Manager, Insight Integration. Reporting to the Director, Consumer Insight, the senior manager will be responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging research, analytics, and other sources of insight to shape the future of the Consumer Product business. In a rapidly changing consumer and market environment, with ever increasing touch points and data, the emphasis is on cutting through the noise to provide actionable insight – clear, objective, strategic, holistic, timely, and relevant. The optimal candidate will be a solutions-oriented, optimistic leader with proven success using research and business performance analytics to positively influence decisions.
Is responsible for evaluating and guiding business performance, specific marketing and sales initiatives, and strategies for high visibility assignments in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Independently analyze information and collaborate with a spectrum of cross-functional teams to synthesize complex data points, creating compelling communications that shape thinking and drive positive business results. In this position, you will guide, integrate and represent all CIMA functions (Consumer Insight, Marketing & Sales Analytics, Advanced Optimization, and Channel Analytics) as a single point of contact with key business partners up to senior executive levels. This role will be based in Glendale, and its scope will include support of strategic initiatives for Consumer Products.
- Guide cross-functional efforts to integrate and synthesize economic data, marketing and sales analytics, business performance, market research, and other sources of insight
- Lead translation of insight into actionable, business-driving strategies through critical interpretation of data and strategic thinking
- Create succinct communications that frame decisions for senior leadership
- Foster relationships with external and internal partners, building influence
- Synthesize, interpret and Integrate analysis and insights across consumer attitudinal and behavioral data, marketing performance data, digital targeting data and sale data.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in consumer insight, market research, business analytics, strategic planning or similar field, preferably in retail or CPG industry
- Deep understanding of business, consumer, and marketplace dynamics
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multiple data sources into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships and positively influence business decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines
- Proactive as well as responsive
- Solutions-oriented individual will to challenge established thinking and practices
- Works effectively with ambiguity
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to execute advanced analytics and clearly communicate approach and results
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading strong research and analytical teams
- Tableau experience
- Previous experience supporting ongoing tracking, program/initiative measurement, pricing studies, new product innovation, forecasting consumer behavior, or similar studies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree in analytics related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.