Senior Manager, International Income TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708346BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
The Disney Tax Operations - Income Tax Group is responsible for the preparation and filing of all federal and state income tax returns, deferred tax analysis, and stock basis computations. The group also supports the controversy function by providing supporting workpapers and drafting information document requests for federal and state inquires. The group assists other groups within the tax department (e.g. tax planning, tax provision, forecasting) with the tasks that reside in those groups. Team members will have continuing opportunities to work on special projects and other growth promoting activities.
Responsibilities:Candidate will report to the Principal - Income Tax. The overall purpose of the job is to oversee the preparation and review of multiple business segments/regions international portions of the federal tax return. . There will significant interaction with other functional groups within the tax department including planning, audit/controversy and tax provision and forecasting to support the projects identified above.
Candidate must be comfortable working directly with business units, external service providers, and management. This leader has the opportunity to lead change and innovation and identify opportunities for the Enterprise in structuring and utilizing tax attributes, and process improvements through utilization of existing and new technologies This role encompasses responsibility to recognize and implement solutions to complex problems and challenges
Candidate will also lead and support ad-hoc analysis and special projects. Position requires strong communication, interpersonal, project management skills and acute attention to detail. Candidate will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing forecasting and reporting processes and tools within scope of responsibility.
Specifically, the Candidate will:
Supervise multiple managers and their teams with goal of completing required federal filings within the assigned region
Lead efforts associated with consolidation of the return
Support Principal – Income Tax in setting group objectives and planning use of resources and personnel to achieve objectives
Lead efforts to provide forecasts and estimates throughout the year and analytics regarding changes from cycle to cycle
Work proactively in partnership with other groups to provide data supporting strategic initiatives, audit response, and various other Enterprise reporting needs
Mentor and develop cross functional team members
Embrace technology and innovation to foster transformation to the tax function of the future
- 10-15 years, broad based income tax (C Corp & Partnership) in a large complex public company or comparable experience in public accounting. Experience leading a team in a significant compliance effort is a must.
- Broad based technical C Corporation experience and specific international income tax (e.g., Foreign Derived Intangible Income, E&P, foreign tax credits, Accounting Methods), addressing compliance issues around completing a large complex tax return (e.g., required disclosures, elections, filing procedures)
- Broad understanding and ability to apply concepts of US GAAP, ASC 740, and SOX controls and procedures.
- Strong desire to broaden/build skills; including keeping up with technical changes
- Ability to maintain objective financial perspective, understand broader implications to the company and how own area contributes to achievement objectives.
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple teams of tax professionals in pursuit of established goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage internal resources to prioritize competing objectives. Establishes and assures adherence to schedules and objectives
- Makes decisions for multiple teams. Assists in the development of plans to meet objectives.
- Completes complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative.
- Independently identifies and resolves road blocks. Advises on and handles escalated issues for lower staff.
- Develops structure around ambiguity and recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the organization.
- Project Management experience, Tax Accounting experience;
- Prior experience with tax technology, systems and process improvement
- Master's Degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.