Senior Manager - Marketing Strategy & Operations - Walt Disney GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 988227BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Strategy & Operations will play an important role within the global games business with responsibility and oversight for strategically aligning our marketing organization and building systemic solutions that enable our team to deliver growth at scale across all franchises – including Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century properties.
In this role, you will lead global WDG marketing strategy and execution for company initiatives, champion WDG priorities and perspectives with internal partners, and manage brand building efforts for WDG. You will also create a games marketing center of excellence knowledge base, and optimize marketing operations models and processes.
You are a strategic and creative marketer with the ability to blend qualitative and quantitative aspects of marketing to craft a compelling story, influence audiences, and execute flawlessly.
This position will report to the Vice President, Marketing.
- Create and manage strategic portfolio-wide marketing campaigns focused on company priorities and franchise initiatives that deliver against defined business goals in meaningful way
- Develop and facilitate the distribution of one-sheets and plans for communicating portfolio marketing campaigns to both internal and external stakeholders
- Represent marketing in relevant cross-lines of business meetings, shape programs to align with WDG marketing strategies and objectives, and encourage the inclusion of priority WDG titles in BU campaigns
- Liaise with the CPGP Marketing Strategy and DPEP Synergy teams to support the execution of cross-lines of business campaigns as it relates to select company priorities and franchise initiatives
- Serve as a thought leader to drive conversations around new and innovative marketing activations benefitting the entire portfolio of games across franchises
- Oversee strategic brand initiatives to develop the WDG brand and build awareness and engagement campaigns for the WDG global portfolio (in partnership with appropriate marketing leads)
- Craft the WDG social strategy and plan to grow audience reach and increase community engagement to deliver meaningful contributions to the business
- Partner with Consumer Insights to conduct games specific research and studies to help inform business strategies and guide fundamental product and marketing decisions related to the brand
- Help drive the global go-to-market process (in partnership with senior marketing leadership)
- Lead the analysis and implementation of best practices portfolio-wide for optimized efficiency/productivity/results (in partnership with marketing leads) to build a marketing COE
- Identify, define, and improve areas of marketing operations in partnership with Licensees, Production, Finance, Synergy, Franchise, and International Teams to facilitate growth at scale
- Liaise between the global marketing team and regional marketing teams to collaborate on key learnings/best practices to deliver cohesive and profitable campaigns
- Help anchor the team's DEI strategies, practices, and processes
- Support senior marketing leadership in driving strategic marketing initiatives as needed
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, combined with 2+ years of working in Online/Media Entertainment (preferably within the interactive entertainment and/or consumer electronics industries and on a variety of business models)
- Experience in brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and social/community marketing strategies/campaigns
- Ability to easily synthesize and distill information to a variety of audiences
- Experience in translating qualitative/quantitative data into insights that tell a story
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Passion for games
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field preferred
Additional Information:Job is located in Glendale, CA
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.