Senior Manager Product Creation StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 640647BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 04, 2020
This individual will work on the essential product development initiatives that will equip TWDC to unlock its next wave of short-term and long-term growth in products, while delivering innovation, increased value and leverage to the organization.
- Develop Sustainable Strategies for Long Term Growth
- Contribute to strategic vision & objectives of the Global Product Creation group through support of long-range plans
- Drive global, consumer-led, and product-specific business strategies for priority initiatives that create long-term value for the segment
- Identify areas of opportunity to better leverage products across relevant channels, regions and categories through a consumer-led lens
- Build strategies to streamline and simplify how we create and develop product globally; locating and helping solve for duplication in work across all franchises
- Monitor ongoing results of key initiatives as measured by KPIs and supporting business metrics
- Maintain a strong awareness of the global merchandise business, including knowledge of licensed, vertical, and flexible business models
- Prepare and present business strategies to Senior Executive leadership as needed
- Help to shape the transformation strategy for the organization—shifting from regional to global and from separate product development siloes to one ecosystem
- Provide Line-of-Sight Visibility and Critical Connection Across GPC
- Provide line-of-sight to Director of GPC on high-priority initiatives and daily business issues
- Contribute to critical deliverables and projects related to GPC strategy and transformation work (e.g. Go-To-Market calendar inputs, Annual and Long-term Planning)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to unlock areas of intersection / interdependency (“connect the dots”)
- Build & foster collaborative partnerships across functions & departments within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products to identify business issues, risks, prioritize solutions, drive alignment & implement changes on behalf of GPC
- Drive Direct/Cross-Functional Team Management
- Lead multi-functional project teams to deliver new business initiatives and/or evolve existing strategies
- Lead, develop, and manage high-performing team to support organizational growth needs
- Create a maintain a positive team environment
- At least 6-8 years of experience in a related field
- Proven analytical capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with working in—or with—large matrixed organizations
- Strong communication skills and capacity to create and deliver presentations
- Team player with track record for building strong partnerships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to balance shifting priorities to manage and deliver complex projects on time
- College degree in related field of study
- MBA (and minimum of 3 years of post-MBA work experience)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.