Senior Manager - Retail CreativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 960572BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- Inspire a team of world-class retail designers.
- Creative direction across all branded retail design experiences spanning the entire portfolio of TWDC Franchises - Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, Fox & NatGeo.
- Lead the development of retail toolkits / Style Guides across the portfolio of brands.
- Liaison with internal project stakeholders including - Marketing, Graphic Design, Product design teams, Content Partners (Studios) and Brand Management.
- Prototype retail stores and shop-in-shops delivering on trend retail design solutions.
- Manage the flow of work and appropriate graphics resources to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Manage and direct outside consultants.
- Develop team members to become future leaders.
- Outstanding design vision with proven track record of delivering innovative retail experiences.
- Hands-on, ability to convey design ideas and concepts quickly to leadership and business partners
- In-depth knowledge of the Global Marketplace with an understanding of the competitive market, consumers, tech and retail trends.
- Proficient knowledge of Architectural Drawing details, and construction costs, means and methods.
- Knowledge of visual merchandising best practices, with proven experience in retail presentation.
- Technical proficiency required to standardize fixture package- fixture detailing - and new fixture development.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate creative ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams. Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people skills, diplomacy and collaborative spirit
- Multi-tasking capabilities, with ability to project manage working on a variety of projects in parallel.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment.
- Establish best practice internal processes.
- Super creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing forth innovative retail design ideas that deliver strong business results.
- Designer with an exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the guest experience, and passion for TWDC portfolio of brands.
- Bold, optimistic and passionate creative leader with the ability to mentor and lead teams across geographies.
- 10+ years experience in retail design, branded architecture and experiential design with a major retail company or top design agency.
- Prior management experience leading a high performing design team for top brands.
- Proficient with CAD, Sketch UP, 3D rendering, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.