Senior Manager, Search & ProgrammaticApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747568BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
As part of the Customer Engagement team within Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP), we directly support our CPC (Consumer Products Commercialization) business. Our mission is to provide and execute strategic marketing plans and initiatives supporting this business’ growth, which includes Unified Retail (shopDisney.com direct-to-consumer ecommerce business and 200+ The Disney Store retail locations) plus supports our franchise licensing teams (Disney Princess, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, etc) to help grow our overall segment’s business.
The Senior Manager, Search & Programmatic will play a key role on our rapidly expanding team, driving growth for key digital marketing channels including paid search, SEO, & programmatic (display, video, & streaming), plus location-based initiatives.
Growth mindset balancing equal parts data and curiosity to point the way forward?
Natural-born collaborator with a track record of driving digital channel growth?
Hands-on platform leader that can help guide, mentor, and grow your team?
Scored a 3 out of 3? Then please read on!
In addition to leading a small search and paid media team, you’ll be partnering with different in-house teams as well as partners like Google to define our roadmap, rally the team, secure funding (both planned and incremental based on market demand), and then execute campaigns, optimize performance, and gather learnings for future expansion opportunities.
- Lead and scale campaigns across multiple channels, including search (paid and organic), paid media (YouTube & Amazon), programmatic (display, native, video, and streaming), and SEO.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand business needs and opportunities, then develop & deliver data-enabled marketing solutions.
- Manage and optimize day-to-day media investments across channels.
- Increase conversion rate (i.e., improve creative/copy + landing pg experiences).
- Execute tests, analyze data, and identify insights to maximize performance (from engagement to ROAS, depending on stage of the customer journey).
- Track, report, and analyze campaign analytics using platform tools like Google and enterprise web performance tools like Adobe Analytics.
- Collaborate with international counterparts as needed, sharing best practices and leveraging common platforms.
- Act as core team lead for all media tagging activities, working with in-house tech teams to ensure optimal performance and go after new opportunities.
- Work with internal teams to access and activate on relevant 1st party data from across The Walt Disney Company, improving campaign performance accordingly.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- 10+ years’ hands-on experience in digital marketing that lead to demonstrated digital growth.
- 5+ years experience leading, mentoring, and growing a team.
- Hands-on experience with revenue-focused, large-budget campaigns (AdWords, Bing, Facebook, Google; both Search and Display).
- Experience with data management platforms (i.e., BlueKai), Tag Managers (i.e., Tealium), and media buying platforms (i.e., Google Campaign Manager, DV360, Google Ads, Amazon, etc).
- Passion for digging into data and uncovering/converting insights into action.
- Strong analytics, problem-solving, strategic thinking and data capabilities.
- Excellent mix of communication, influence, partnering, and collaboration skills.
- Can see the "big picture" then quickly zoom in to prioritize actions and tactics, jumping into the weeds and rolling up sleeves as needed.
- Experience managing and growing 3rd party agency/partner relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and prioritize team workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven with an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating within a large matrixed organization (prior work done within the entertainment industry is ideal).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal (i.e., Legal, Tech, Finance, Corporate Marketing) and external teams as needed to help grow the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Lifelong learner: Appetite for all things digital and social – up to date on the latest platforms, technologies, and ecosystems with a strong desire and curiosity to find and test relevant opportunities to drive business growth
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.