Senior Manager, Slate Management (Disney+ Content Curation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 779493BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 26, 2021
The Disney+ Content Curation team will be a bridge between our creative content partners, CP&A, Finance, international teams, and global Programming teams. This department oversees tracking and evaluating content needs for Disney+ and Star/Star+, acting as a centralized hub for global content slates, acquisition information, licensing opportunities, and Originals pipelines.
The Sr. Manager, Slate Management will be responsible for tracking all content opportunities for Disney+ throughout lifecycles. The Sr. Manager will establish programming intent for Originals in partnership with executive leadership, international partners, and programming and operations teams. This Sr. Manager will also be responsible for the creative details of content being entered and managed in appropriate systems. They will partner closely with Disney+ Programming to optimize content pipeline, represent Disney+/Star/Star+ in conversations with creative leadership across TWDC (The Walt Disney Company) to discuss development plans, content slots, and creative decisions that could have an impact on timing and performance on Disney+. The Sr. Manager will also help to establish new processes, procedures, and methods that improve slate planning outcomes.
- Tracks and consolidates global content slates for Disney+ and Star
- Tracks all content opportunities for Disney+ throughout lifecycles and across TWDC.
- Maintains database and documentation related to all content planning activities, partnering closely with internal content studio partners, DMED Programming, data, CP&A, and finance teams to secure a holistic view of the content pipeline.
- Acts as day-to-day contact for creative partners across TWDC to represent slate intent for Disney+ while balancing creative and operational requirements.
- Tracks programming intent in partnership with international DMED teams, programming, and operations teams.
- Implements processes, procedures, and methods that improve slate planning outcomes.
- 5+ years of experience in content planning, development, or programming strategy
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple demands at once
- Strong ability to create and deliver presentations that effectively communicate solutions and open items for partners and leadership
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Needs to be an effective, collaborative, communicator, with an ability to lead through influence rather than by hierarchy
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.