Senior Manager, Sourcing-HardlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 804983BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 29, 2021
This person serves in a strategic position utilizing knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to drive margins and improve efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale). The Global Merchandise Sourcing team has nearly 100 team members in 6 different countries managing 450+ suppliers providing vertically developed merchandise for Disney stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and wholesale partners worldwide.
This position reports to Director, Global Sourcing, and s/he will travel regularly domestically and internationally to ensure a presence with the various based sourcing teams and supplier community.
Responsibilities:Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Develop and manage processes that foster a culture of protecting the Disney brand through responsibly-sourced quality merchandise that spans all Toys categories (within Hard-lines) distributed through Disney’s owned and operated channels and wholesale partners
- Implement strategies in partnership with TWDC Global Product & Labor Standards to ensure compliance policies are met across all products and suppliers
- Execute merchandise quality, sustainability and risk management initiatives with best-in-class suppliers that evolve with both the needs of the business and industry standards
- Develop and deliver strategies in collaboration with cross-functional members that meet or exceed financial goals
- Optimize global merchandise productivity and profitability by identifying and mitigating cost drivers
- Actively rationalization and increase leveraging of strategic suppliers across all direct-to-consumer business (Disney Stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and flexible business models/wholesale)
- Manage sourcing strategies that evolve with shifts in trade policies and allow for flexibility through an on-going, active knowledge of a dynamic geo-political landscape
- Ability to manage to flexible product development models that drive increased creativity and innovation from suppliers and licensees
- Knowledge of Tooling and functional aspects of Toys or other sculpted products
- Collaborate and lead cross functional team members through all aspects of supplier strategy, cost negotiation, placement, product development, product safety/quality and on-time deliveries
- Lead and direct employee development, engagement and diversity to advance a culture of collaboration and organizational vibrancy
- Identify sourcing strategies that support global distribution while balancing need for localization and speed-to-market
- Develop sourcing strategies that maximize profitability and minimize risk with a goal of year-over-year improvement
- Understand industry trends to drive and evolve sourcing strategies
- Formulate and execute clear and consistent strategies that align with the overall Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) and Global Product Creation (GPC) vision
- Proactively seek new opportunities, ideas, techniques and materials to drive product innovation with both new and existing suppliers
- Develop and foster cross functional relationships via timely, accurate communication
- Leverage knowledge of the Company’s products and services to manage the needs of diverse stakeholders and ensure effective collaboration with cross-functional partners and vendors
- 6-8+ years of significant, proven experience leading merchandise sourcing teams, preferably in Toys.
- Skilled in gaining credibility and trust with diverse stakeholders
- Possess working knowledge of international labor and regulatory standards and other established supplier performance schemes
- Possess problem solving, efficiency and effectiveness skills that and inspires team members
- Ability to drive results, get things done effectively and with a positive can-do attitude
- A drive for continuous improvement and a focus on efficiency and scale
- Exhibits personal responsibility and commitment to his/her work; follow-through and accountability
- Ability to proactively identify issues and find solutions for potential problems
- Leadership and talent development abilities and a collaborative and effective management style
- Team Player – ability to build & foster partnerships across functions & departments within The Walt Disney Company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage the macro big picture strategy and solutions with a detail oriented approach
- Ability to continually evolve sourcing strategies and processes
- Able to lead teams through times of change across industry, global policies and business and product strategies
- Retail leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising/Product Development/Design, Business or Supply Chain
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.